Saturday, August 13, 2011

God's Answer to Prayer

Charlie and Sam would have been 8 weeks old yesterday. When I think about the milestones they would have made at 2 months of age it tugs on my heart. It's hard at times not to question why things happen; and as I wake up each morning and face each new day, I am realizing more and more about what is truly important in life. I realize that it wasn't the short time that we had with the twins, but the miracle of them being a part of our lives. Sometimes God answers our prayers in a way that we don't expect until later...I have to keep reminding myself of this daily. Michael and I have started a daily devotion for parents who have experienced the loss of a child. (Thank you so much to the very special person who gave this gift to us!) Today's devotion was right on target for what I have been struggling with lately. God does indeed listen to our every word.


"I asked for health, that I might do greater things;

I was given infirmity that I might do better things.

I asked God for strength that I might achieve;

I was made weak that I may learn to obey.

I asked for riches that I might be happy;

I was given poverty that I might be wise.

I asked for power and praise of people;

I was given weakness to sense my need of God.


I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;

I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing I asked for but everything I hoped for;

In spite of myself, my prayers were answered.


I am among all people most richly blessed."


~unknown Confederate soldier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Above all love each other deeply,
because love covers a multitude of sins.
~
I Peter 4:8

About Me

My photo
I am married to my highschool sweetie and together we have two very active but very loving children, Gracie and Bryce. I work part time as a pediatric dental hygienist and am a fulltime cook, cleaner, and driver :) I love all my jobs and thank God everyday for getting me to where I am...