Sunday, March 20, 2011

TWINS!!!!!!

Yay!!! February 23rd had finally arrived and we were so excited to get to see our sweet baby and hear the heartbeat! Michael and I anxiously awaited for the sonographer to call my name, and finally, she did!!! I think I almost ran all the way to the tiny little room! I got up on the table and my heart started beating out of my chest! Michael and I were just chatting away as the sonographer began her work. She joined in with us asking us questions about our other children and how I was feeling, and then she got very quiet....."Um....what is this?" she said with a smile on her face. I sat straight up , looked at her, and then the screen...."It looks like there are two in there, Mrs. Cantey." I don't exactly remember what happened in the next five minutes or what was said because I think I blacked out!! haha! How could this be? I only wanted three children, not FOUR!! How was I going to do this? I think a million thoughts ran through my head until finally, the tears came, and boy did the tears come!!! I cried so loud that I could be heard from the waiting room! Looking back on it, I feel really bad about this. The sonographer really didn't know how to console me. Then she informed us that the babies were identical with both heartbeats at a strong 178!!! It was at that moment we heard the most beautiful sound of two heartbeats ! I finally started to feel a sense of calmness and could proceed with the appointment. Oh, and before I go any further, many people ask how Michael did with news....he was thrilled!! He laughed the whole time and held my hand..i don't know what I would have done if he would have been any other way.

Okay, so after blood being drawn, we head into Dr. Joseph's offcie for a little conference. apparently he had heard me earlier and was going to do his best to reassure me that everything would be okay! We even later learned that he is a twin himself!!

We just couldn't wait to tell our family the exciting news, especially Gracie and Bryce ! They would be ecstatic knowing they wouldn't have to share the baby because now there would be two!!!

The reactions we got were priceless!! We couldn't ask for more supportive family and friends!

This experience has been a true testiment in our family. We have had to let go of "our plans" and know that God has big and wonderful plans of His own! I am learning very quickly to let go of trying to control everything and just take a backseat and enjoy the ride!

And so our journey begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Above all love each other deeply,
because love covers a multitude of sins.
~
I Peter 4:8

About Me

My photo
I am married to my highschool sweetie and together we have two very active but very loving children, Gracie and Bryce. I work part time as a pediatric dental hygienist and am a fulltime cook, cleaner, and driver :) I love all my jobs and thank God everyday for getting me to where I am...