Monday, February 8, 2010

It's the Little Things....

It's a typical trip to Target...I'm there for the third time that day getting a vacuum cleaner because the dog just chewed up the cord on my old one, and so, yes I am a bit frustrated. It's almost dinner time, and the kids are arguing over who will ride in the buggy as Gracie attempts to hit Bryce in the back of the head....I hear myself getting louder as I threaten them...I am about to lose it...and then my phone rings..."Hello". It was my dad, "What are you doing?" I proceed to tell him about the "vaccum incident" and why I am at Target for the THIRD time today! "What's up, Dad?" "Oh, nothing." he says. "I was just thinking about you and how much I love you and how proud I am of you." I just sit there for a minute. "Is everything okay, dad?" Not that my dad hasn't told me this before, but never at random times. "Yes, he replied, "Everything is fine; I was just thinking about you and wanted to call you and let you know."
I don't think he knows how much that phone call in the middle of my frustration had just meant the world to me. As long as I live, I will not ever forget that my father was not only thinking about me but was able to share his feelings with me.
I left Target with a vacuum in hand and a smile on my face :) I love you dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Above all love each other deeply,
because love covers a multitude of sins.
~
I Peter 4:8

About Me

My photo
I am married to my highschool sweetie and together we have two very active but very loving children, Gracie and Bryce. I work part time as a pediatric dental hygienist and am a fulltime cook, cleaner, and driver :) I love all my jobs and thank God everyday for getting me to where I am...